Select Shack 1 or 2 from the dropdown list, then click ADD TO CART
Please note that EDN Welfare is run by Reserve members so please allow sufficient time (ideally at least 5 days) for any bookings.
The shacks were renovated in 2018 are self-contained. Each shack can accommodate a family of up to six people. They each include:
- Two bedrooms (one with queen size bed, the other with two bunks)
- Emergency blankets, quilts and pillows are available (if you forget) but please take your own
- Full kitchen facilities including all cutlery, cooking utensils, microwave, oven, fridge etc
- Small lounge/dining with TV
- TV with inbuilt DVD Player in bunk bedroom
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Separate toilet/shower block (one bathroom for each shack)
- Laundry with automatic washing machine and ironing facilities
- A gas BBQ for each shack
- Outdoor tables and chairs
- 2 kayaks per shack (various sizes of life jackets are available at the shacks)
At this point in time, pets are not allowed. Please contact EDN Welfare for further information.
CLEANING AND CARETAKING
Guest are required to clean the shacks and bathrooms before leaving (please follow the checklist provided in the shack). This includes doing the dishes and putting them away, emptying the bins, removing your items from the fridge and freezer and wiping down the bench tops and tables. This enables us to keep the costs down as we do not charge a cleaning fee. The caretaker will attend after your departure to confirm the shacks have been left in a clean state.
Guests departing are to do so by no later than 11am and guests arriving can do so anytime after 2.30pm. These times are to be strictly adhered to unless prior arrangement has been made with the Booking Clerk or the Shacks Manager.
Shacks may be booked online. The current rate is $80.00 per night.
For queries or more information please contact EDN Welfare
Barmera is one of the most popular aquatic playgrounds in South Australia. Situated in the heart of the Riverland, Barmera is a beautiful town located on the shores of Lake Bonney – a lake renowned for its sunsets.
Lake Bonney is fresh water, fed from the Murray River through the Chambers Creek wetlands. Because the lake is shallow and has a sandy bottom, it is ideal for swimming, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking, skiing, jet skiing, boating and fishing. The lake also abounds with bird life.
The SA Country Music Festival and Awards is held for 10 days in June leading up to and including the Long Weekend. There are also many other events held in Barmera, including the Riverland Field Days in September, the Barmera Berri Show in March, and Easter and Christmas activities.
The towns of Berri, Renmark, Loxton and Waikerie are all located within a half hour drive of Barmera.